When people suffer from one or the other health issue, they often have to make some change to their lifestyle, which can help them feel better and healthy again. Anxiety can have various symptoms and it varies from people to people. But if the symptoms keep showing up till 6 or more months, one should definitely see a doctor. Also, this kind of anxiety is called as generalized anxiety disorder. It's got symptoms like tension, irritability, difficulty in concentrating, fear, excess worry about day-to-day events and problems, issues in personal or work relationships, etc.
While there are many natural ways to get rid of anxiety issues, you one can also indulge in certain food habits that cures anxiety quite well. Here's a list of foods that you can consume on a daily basis and feel much better:
- Eggs: Since eggs are a rich source of vitamin D and protein they help improve brain function and also relieves anxiety. Eggs also contain serotonin that helps in regulating sleep, memory, mood and behaviour.
- Pumpkin seeds: These seeds are a really good source of potassium that helps in regulating blood pressure. Bananas or pumpkin seeds helps in reducing the symptoms of stress and anxiety.
- Dark chocolate: Since dark chocolate is a great source of magnesium, they can help get rid of the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has a lot many health benefits. One of which is lowering anxiety by reducing inflammation as well as oxidative stress which usually increases in people who experiences mood issues, anxiety and depression.
- Yogurt: This food contains really good healthy bacteria that has positive effects on the health of the brain. Once you include yogurt in your diet, it'll benefit you in ways more than one and also help in reducing anxiety and stress.
- Green tea: This tea has an amino acid which works really well in repairing mood issues. This amino acid has calming and anti-anxiety effects and would help producing serotonin and dopamine. You can very easily include green tea in your regular diet and replace it with coffee, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks.
There are also a few more foods that helps you reduce anxiety such as chia seeds, nuts, pineapple, tofu, etc.
Anxiety is a serious disorder that you have to get rid of because otherwise it might result in depression and other health issues. And with the kind of fast-paced life that we live, we've got no room for illnesses and health issues which affects us mentally. Also, since anxiety is a mental and emotional issue, it should be given even more attention and should be cured as soon as you detect its existence.