Holi, the festival of colour, can be a whole lot of fun. However, don't forget to take care of yourself in the midst of all that enjoyment.
Here are a few ways to keep your skin and hair healthy during the celebrations. The best way to do that is to watch what you eat.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1. Stay hydrated: That means drink as much as you can before, after and throughout Holi. Your body will thank you for it.
2. Avoid coffee and tea:Consume healthier beverages like coconut water, lemon water and juices. You could also try probiotic beverages like buttermilk or yoghurt.
3. Diet: It may be hard to watch what you eat with all those delicious and festive foods on offer. However, if you want to stick to your weight loss goal or just stay healthy, avoid sugar and fatty foods. Consume them in moderation. Make sure to get a good amount of protein, fibre and carbohydrates.
4. Stay active. Take a little time out to go for a short jog or brisk walk. You'll feel a whole lot better and a little exercise will help shed those extra kilos.
5. Consume sweets in moderation:Opt to make sweets at home this year. This way you can reduce the amount of sugar and fat you consume. Use whole wheat flour and honey.