Drinking herbal tea is extremely beneficial for the body as it helps soothe nerves and also eliminates toxins. But did you know that herbal tea bags have benefits that remain even after you have extracted your tea? YUP and these benefits are extremely helpful when you are battling skincare woes. The teabags can be used as a remedy for various skincare troubles. Don’t believe this claim? Read on to know more about the same...
The study, 'Green tea prevents non-melanoma skin cancer by enhancing DNA repair', states that polyphenols possess antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic activities in several in vitro and in vivo systems. And of these major polyphenols, EGCG is the major component and the most effective molecule. Green tea contains skin photoprotection by green tea polyphenols (GTPs).
Here are some skin woes addressed by using the used herbal tea bags:-
1. Puffy eyes: Long and tiring work hours coupled with irregular sleep can give you a tough time. Apart from dark circles, this can even lead to puffy eyes. But worry not as there exists a simple remedy. Just placed a chilled tea bag on your eyes and witness the magic unfold!
2. Redness: The anti-inflammatory property in these tea bags can reduce irritation and redness in the eyes.
3. Sunburns: Dealing with sunburns? All you need to treat them are some wet and cold tea bags. Place them on the affected area and get relief.
4. Exfoliating scrub: If black spots and whiteheads are a constant on your T zone, then teabags are what you need! Teabags or rather herbal tea has a promising effect on blackheads if used as an exfoliator regularly. It helps to unclog your pores, remove dirt and dead skin from your face.
5. DIY Facemask: Your skin loses elasticity with every passing year, leading to wrinkles. However, by applying the tea leaves from the tea bags as a regular facemask along with a proper diet, you might just defy premature aging. All you need to do is transfer all the tea leaves or powder from the bags and mix aloe vera to it for a smooth lightening mask at home.