Good nutrition and regular exercise is the only healthy way to lose weight, whether you are doing it to get healthy or in shape. One of the popular health trends right now is the vegan diet. This plant-based food plan calls for loads of vegetables, fruits and nuts. Animal protein, dairy products and eggs are banished from this diet.
Multiple studies have found this diet has a lot of health benefits, one of which is helping you lose weight. Here are a few vegan foods that may help you lose weight.
1. Garlic: This food item can help give your metabolism a big boost, as well as aid digestion because it contains gingerols and shogaols. A study published in the Journal of Nutrition found garlic can help suppress the hunger hormone known as leptin. It can also help tackle chemicals that may trigger stress and help to manage cortisol levels.
2. Almonds: If you are trying to lose weight, you should consume this nut regularly no matter what diet you follow. Almonds are low in carbohydrates and contain healthy fats that are extremely beneficial for your body. It is also a rich source of vitamins A, D, and B12, which helps to give your metabolism a boost.
3. Berries: All berries are super low in calories and packed with nutrients. You can snack on them or have it for breakfast.Include blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, goji berries and mulberries in your diet. They have also been found to tackle sweet cravings.
4. Bananas: This fruit is a rich source of fibre. It can improve digestion and slow down the process of sugar and fat from releasing in your bloodstream. It is also high in potassium and magnesium, which helps your body to flush out excess water.
5. Avocados: A study published in the journal Diabetes Care found this fruit contains monounsaturated fats that can reduce tummy fat. It can also help you feel full for longer so you don't overeat unhealthy food. Because it is rich in antioxidants and oleic acid, it can reduce inflammation and oxidative stress.
6. Flaxseeds: These seeds may be small, but they pack a punch. It helps the body to flush out harmful waste. It is also a rich source of fibre, magnesium and potassium. You can have it with your breakfast or add it to your salad for lunch.
Consult with a doctor before you make any changes to your diet.