Malaika Arora, who is known for her bold and daring fashion choices, looked stunning in a yellow thigh-high slit pleated gown by Iris Serban. The sunshine colour made the Bollywood star look vibrant and elegant.
The silk gown with a plunging neckline and thigh-high slit is perfect for a summer event and oozes a whole lot of glamour. The bottom half of the dress added drama as it has a magnificent flowing effect. The 45-year-old actress paired the gorgeous canary number with gold Jimmy Choo shoes.Since the colour of the dress was striking enough, Arora kept the jewellery to a minimal and put her hair up in a ponytail.
Check out her outfit here:
Shades of yellow can be a tricky colour to incorporate into your style. However, since the sun is out and it is summer, there's no time like today to experiment with this glorious and cheerful hue. If you need another reason to try this colour, researchers have found yellow helps to increase the production of serotonin in the brain and give your metabolism a boost. It also helps you to get into a better mood. Wow! Talk about a colour that packs a punch.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind before you try it out:
1. Shade: Yellow is already a strong colour, so you don't want to go for anything too rich or deep. The first thing you need to do is find a shade that matches your skin tone.
2. Material: Choose fabrics like cotton or linen for the day and silk for the night. The choice will set the tone for your outfit.
3. Print: If you do opt for dresses with print, make sure it is simple and not too intense.
4. Shoes: Avoid being too matchy-matchy with this colour. Opt for shoes in neutral tones.
5. Jewellery: Pick pieces that complement your style. Don't let it be the item that is the focus of your outfit.
6. Bags: Whether it is streetwear or a festive event pick light colours to go with your yellow dress. These items should almost be invisible so it doesn't clash with the dress. Opt for a bag in white, silver or black.