The monsoon season can be a cool break from the summer, but it can also cause skin issues, like acne, to erupt more than usual.
To keep your skin firm, soft and clear, it requires a whole lot of moisture. However, dehydration and humidity can often cause damage to your skin. This can cause more people to suffer from acne. “Increased humidity combined with the heat can lead to an increase in the production of sebum in the skin which can result in the skin looking greasy; becoming a breeding ground for bacteria," Dr Rinky Kapoor, co-director of The Esthetic Clinics, told a news portal. Adding, "The sticky skin invites dust, dirt and sweat which causes the skin pores to become clogged leading to acne breakouts. In addition, the skin also becomes uneven and lifeless."
While there are many products for different skin types that can help tackle this issue, a few good home remedies could be just as effective. Here are a few tips you can try to get rid of acne in a natural way.
* Neem leaves: Make a smooth paste with neem leaves, milk and turmeric. Apply the treatment on the affected area on your skin and wash it off after 10 minutes with cool water. Use it regularly to achieve clear and smooth skin.
* Neem fruit: This fruit can do wonders for your skin in numerous ways. Massage the fruit on the affected area and let it completely dry. Next, wash it off with water and a mild cleanser. To get rid of and protect your skin from acne, use this fruit on your skin regularly.
* Healing blend of oils: Certain oils have powerful and healing properties that can help get rid of acne. Combine neem oil and coconut oil together. Apply this treatment on the pimple or acne and leave it for a few minutes before you wash it off with water and face wash.
* Sugar: If you have acne, you might want to stay clear of eating sugar. However, you can use it to make a face scrub to get rid of acne. All you have to do is blend a tablespoon of honey with some brown sugar. Gently massage your face with this treatment. Leave it on for 15 minutes before you wash it off with cold water.
* Steam your face: One quick and simple way that may help get rid of acne fast is by steaming your face.This will help to open out your pores and get rid of acne.
* Consume water: Good skin requires loads of water to look and feel healthy. Try and consume more water and reduce your intake of coffee and tea.
If these remedies don't work and your acne persists, consult with a dermatologist.
Picture Courtesy: Google Images