Summer is almost here and it's the time we're going to have give utmost care to our skin and hair. As our skin is very sensitive, it needs proper pampering in order to stay healthy and flawless. Since we're all spending all our time at home due to the pandemic, this is all that we can invest out time in right after you wake up in the morning. A little care goes a long way. So before you get back to your routine, start prepping your skin with these morning rituals.
Here are some tips to follow for your skin during summers:
- Hydrate: This is so important to follow. Drink water on an empty stomach as you wake up. Your skin needs as much hydration as possible. Drink lots of fluids through the day. You can even add some lemon to your water to make it a detox one.
- Use a mild cleaner: Once you wake up, wash your face with a mild cleanser with anti-oxidants in it. This cleanser will remove any dead skin cells which will keep your skin fresh and clear. You can even use a foam-based face wash and wash off the excess oil from your skin.
- Invest in a food exfoliant: Exfoliation is a very necessary step to follow for your skin in the mornings. It opens up the clogged pores and gives you a glowing skin. You can use a scrub twice a week.
- Make use of ice cubes: Wrap a couple of ice cubes in a clean cloth and gently rub it on your skin. This will also help in reducing pores, dead skin and will provide your skin with hydration.
- Don't forget to use sunscreen: This is so important even when you aren't going out for longer hours. Choose a sunscreen that has an SPF 50 with UVA+++ to get maximum protection from the sun.
- Use a blotting paper: Always ensure you have a blotting paper with you which can absorb the excess oil. It helps in making your skin look fresh again. You can also carry some blotting papers in your bag once you start traveling.
- Last but not the least, use a lip balm: Always important to keep those lips soft and shining. You can wear a lip balm that has SPF in it which can protect your lips from the heat.