There are three types of people, single, in a relationship and it's complicated. Now, it's all fun and games for the ones who are single and in a relationship. But life is a roller-coaster for the ones who are in this confusing relationship where they don't exactly know what's happening and why are they even in this phase. And when they're asked about how's it going, all they have to say is - it's complicated.
To term it better, we'd call it the 'almost relationship'. It is where neither are you not doing couple things but you'd also not call yourselves f**k buddies. It's where you spend time with each other and don't have heart-to-heart conversations because of the constant fear of losing the person to someone else at any given point in time.
And if you still don't get it, and if you'd want to find out if you're in one such 'almost relationship', these are the signs that you need to pick on. If you find most of these signs in your relationship, it's time to end it and move on to find true love. Or for that matter, just be single for a while. It isn't that bad after all!
- First things first, it's always a challenge to decide if you're supposed to text 'Good morning!' everyday or not. This is because you two chat all day and also flirt around a little too much but aren't ready to tag it as dating. And so, you just minimize the good morning texts to two or three times a week.
- The first point also brings us to the second one which is where you don't really know what's your relationship status. Because you two definitely wouldn't call each other as friends and not even friends with benefits. But then, you aren't that serious for each other and so it's always difficult to answer the question when someone asks, "So what's your relationship status?"
- You mostly only prefer online and almost to none conversations in the real world. You don't even find it comfortable calling each other that often even after practically texting for the whole day. You'd restrict yourself to certain things while you're in this complicated relationship.
- There will be days when one of the two might be caught up with something more important. And since you both are so used to texting the entire day, now you don't know what to do with the time and the missing starts creeping in. But you can't even let the other person know about it because who knows, it might sound romantic or it might sound too much and it all might go down the drain here after.
- There are no frequent date nights or movie dates or ice cream dates. Basically, you keep dates to bare minimum and continue to have a different life online where you two don't stop talking.
- Lastly, none of the friends know the details about what's happening in the relationship or whether it is progressing or not. You'd rather just keep the topic far away while hanging out with your friends or simply dodge the topic when your friends try to talk about it.
If you think you're doing all or most of the above, do yourself a favour and get a life!