While we all stay indoors in these difficult times, motivating yourself and be a little more active at home can be a bit hard. But, it is important to not let your workouts suffer as exercising will give mental and physical boost.
The gyms are currently closed and most people are stuck at home practicing social distancing. But that doesn't mean you don't look after yourself when you have the time at home.
So if you're looking for some ways to motivate yourself to workout at home, these tips will come to your rescue:
- Set an alarm: Every couple of hours, get up and move around. Set yourself to a 20 minute movement session at least three times a day as this will help you in breaking the day up and making limited resources go further.
- There are so many workout routines that you can do at the comfort of your home like barre, Pilates, yoga and High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). Equipment to use includes a box, resistance bands, hand weights and sliders.
- You can also do some burpees, skipping or fast push ups, jump squats and hill sprints. These exercises will make you sweat in no time. If you have a garden area, you can try to get some fresh air while you exercise. You can also practice some lateral bounds, jump lunges, knee ups and you won't even require much space to do these.
- If you arr a gym person and feel lost without your workout space, it's time to switch your workout routine. Get creative, find some intensive ways to get your heart rate up. Work on rather smaller muscle groups if you can't really get access to heavy weights.
- You can do a lot with just resistance band, a skipping rope or even your own body weight. Work on your flexibility. You don't really have to take this time for granted and instead make the most of it while you can.