Gone are the days when women stepped out with rouge cheeks and red lips, now is the time for the dewy look. And let's be honest, having flawless looking skin is no easy task. Sure, makeup can come to your rescue for that but would you really want your skin to be piled on with a ton of products every time you want it to look radiant? So, the best option you have is to opt for a facial. Of course, facials don't come cheap and they take time, both of which can get tiring eventually. What do you do then? Why, opt for a facial at home silly! Wondering how to do it? These step by step instructions will come to your rescue.
- Cleansing: The very first thing you need to do is to cleanse your face with a mild cleanser that best suits your skin tone. This will help get rid of all the excess dirt and oil from your skin.
- Exfoliate: Then comes the exfoliating part. This is super important because exfoliation not only ensures to buff away any dead skin cells that are left behind but it also promotes blood circulation which helps add a flush of colour to your skin. Take a bit of product in your hands and then rub it all over your face gently in circular motions. Once done, wash it off with cool water.
- Steam: Take a bowl of hot water and put your face over the bowl. Cover your head with a towel and let the steam touch your face for a good 5-10 minutes. be careful not to burn yourself though.
- Face mask: Once your steaming session is done, you need to apply your face mask. Choose one that best suits your skin type and let it sit for 15-20 minutes or until it dries. Then wash it off with cool water.
- Tone: The next step is to tone your skin so that all your pores are sealed and squeaky clean. Choose one that best suits your skin type or make one at home. Apply to your face and let it dry.
- Moisturise: The last step is to moisturise your skin. Moisturising will keep your skin hydrated and moisturised for long. Make sure to massage your skin gently while you're applying your moisturiser.
Well, we sure hope these steps come in handy. Give it a try and see for yourself.