Urad dal, as it's popularly known in India is a food staple for many households. But this dal also has amazing benefits for your skin and hair. This kitchen ingredient is loaded with nutrients and minerals that gives you a soft and supple skin. Not just that, it even promises thick and lustrous hair
Urad dal also known as black gram, is very easily available at grocery stores and you must buy some to make the most of it for your skin and hair. Here are some beauty benefits of black gram:
- Helps in removing tan: Urad dal can be applied to the skin as it can help in getting rid of the tan that's caused by the sun. It even lightens the skin and takes away the tan due to overexposure to the sun.
- Helps in exfoliation: Black gram works wonders as an effective skin scrub. It removes the dirt and grime from the skin and in turn makes it feel soft. It even helps in taking away dead skin cells and leaves the skin lighter in colour.
- Helps in fighting acne: Urad dal is very popular as a pore cleanser. It helps in getting rid of the excess oil from the skin and treating the acne as well. It is known to have natural antiseptic properties which helps in killing bacteria that causes acne.
- Helps in combating frizzy hair: Urad dal manages dry and frizzy hair and helps in achieving soft and managable hair instead. This dal is packed with fatty acids and minerals that magically work to restore the lose shine of the hair. It even gives your skin a great shiny appearance and keeps it frizz-free.
- Helps in reducing dark spots: Urad dal has the ability to do away with the dark spots, acne marks and blemishes on the skin. It even helps in cell regeneration and gives your skin the much-needed glow.