Sencha green tea is a Japanese tea that's made out of infused tea leaves in hot water. It is quite a different tea from matcha or powdered green tea of Japan. Sencha is one of the most famous hot beverages of the country.
Sencha is a steamed green tea that comes from the camellia Sinensis plant. It has a refreshing, green and grassy flavour. After picking the stem, the oxidization process of the leaves is locked in order to keep it green in colour. They are then rolled, shaped and dried. Sencha green tea is also produced in China and South Korea but the flavour is rather nutty and toasted than grassy in these places.
Sencha is consumed hot in all hours of the day. It is quite a refreshing tea with many health benefits and can be drank as an iced tea too. This tea gives you energy without keeping you up at night and has a very low amount of caffeine as well.
Here are some health benefits of sencha green tea:
- It helps improve blood flow, and so you can consume this tea on a regular basis as it even enhances brain function. It aids improvement of memory and reduces the risk of Alzheimer's Disease by blocking the formation of plaques.
- This green tea is very popular for aiding weight loss. Sencha green tea works wonders on shedding fats. This is also quite beneficial for weight loss.
- It reduces bad cholesterol of LDL by lowering blood pressure.
- It has amino acids that can calm your body down to make it more energetic.
It contains fluoride which helps in improving oral hygiene, prevents cavities and also strengthens teeth.
- Sencha green tea has vitamin C and antioxidants that helps in improving the immune system as well. It even prevents infections and viruses from attacking the body and creates white blood cells that can cure flue and cold.