Beige may seem like a blah colour to pull off. However, Bollywood star Anushka Sharma proves you can wear it in style.
Recently, the star was spotted looking ever so chic in a collar beige dress. A fabulous watch and a cool pair of sunglasses were all she used to give her look an extra touch. She completed the look with white sneakers. With this outfit, Anushka is definitely giving us major cool-girl vibes even though most people find this a hard colour to wear.
Check out her outfit here:
Beige has received a bad rap over the years. It is often perceived to be boring and dull. If you want to try and incorporate this look into your style, here are a few ways you can do it.
1. Make sure the texture is right: When you translate the word beige in French, it means 'natural wool'. That is why this colour looks best in natural fabrics. Look for texture when choosing pieces with the colour. Linen and cotton are perfect fabrics to try as they make the colour really shine.
2. Choose unusual styles: A great way to wear this colour to look bold and statement-making, is by picking clothes that are unique and unusual. That way the style or cut of the outfit becomes the main focus. Think bold designs like a plunging neckline or stylish sleeves.
3. Experiment with different shades of beige: Like most colours, beige comes in a variety of shades and hues. Find a shade that matches your skin tone, but isn't similar to it. Since summer is around the corner, keep in mind that almost any beige shade will go with a bronze complexion.
4. Pair it with black or white: One of the great things about beige is that it blends with any colour and fits well into a monochromatic colour palette.
5. Use gold accents: The combination of beige and gold are a marriage made in heaven. By merging these two colours, it will up your style game and make you look haute couture. This mix definitely offers a lot of sophistication. Pick bold gold jewellery to go with this colour.