Sheet masks are a great way to provide your skin with loads of benefits every once in a while. However, the packets they come in can contain a lot more good than you realise. This is because many brands that provide this product add a bit of extra serum in the packet to keep the mask hydrated and soaked in the formula so it is ready to be used once it is opened. Don't let that extra bit of goodness go to waste. There are loads of ways you can use sheet mask leftovers.
If you leave a sheet mask to dry our or leave it on for longer than 20 minutes, it can oftentimes do a little damage to the skin or cause it to lose moisture. However, if you want to achieve that natural glow here are a few ways you can put the extra serum to good use.
1. Apply it on your neck and chest: Take a small amount of the serum and rub it all over your chest and neck. A lot of people mainly concentrate on the face and forget to give these areas a bit of TLC during their skincare regimen.
2. Use it as a spot treatment: Use what's leftover of the serum from the packet on your skin if your mask starts to dry out. This will help to provide your skin with a lot more hydration to achieve that youthful glow.
3. Apply it as a serum: To lock in a bit of extra moisture, you need to first wash your face and then pat dry it. Next, add the leftover serum to your face as a serum.
4. Make an extra mask for your friend: If there is a lot of product left in the packet, add it to a dry cotton sheet mask. This way you can enjoy this time with good conversation with a friend.
5. Use it as a body moisturizer: Rub the mask with the serum all over your body in circular motions. Make sure to pay extra attention to those areas on the body that are very dry.
While you can get a lot of use from sheet masks, it is important to remember that they are created to be used right after it is opened. Therefore, do not store the extra bit of product to use later. Make use of all of it, once you have opened the packet.