Mustard oil is popularly known as a cooking oil. However, it consists of many health, skin and hair benefits as well. Mustard oil is extracted out of mustard seeds of mustard plant which doesn't only have culinary goodness but also is very therapeutic. This oil has a very positive impact on our skin and you must know about them.
Put mustard oil to use as it will do wonders to your skin:
- It is a natural sunscreen: Mustard oil contains vitamin A, B and E which helps in protecting your skin from the harmful UV rays. You can even apply the oil before you step out of the house. Although, don't use too much oil on your skin as it can attract dust and oil as well.
- It removes dark spots: This oil works magically for dark spots, tan lines, pigmentation and even reduced all of them gradually. You can add mustard oil to your regular face masks in order to apply the oil on your skin. You must wait for 15 minutes and let it dry. Wash it off with cold water post giving it the needed time.
- It id good for treating infections and rashes: Since this oil consists of powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, it helps in curing infections, allergies and skin rashes. It also prevents dryness and itching on the skin.
- It prevents ageing: This oil contains vitamins A, B complex and E which works perfectly for preventing skin ageing. The oil helps in delaying the appearance of wrinkles and any other signs of ageing.
- It help in skin lightening: Mustard oil works wonders when you'd want to lighten the skin tone. If you use coconut oil and mustard oil for your skin, all it needs is 15 minutes and you'll gradually start seeing the difference day after day.