A lot of us suffer from body heat issues and it's only natural due to the growing global warming which makes it worse for people to tolerate the temperatures outside. And the only way to beat it is to take extra care of your internal health. You must always maintain your internal temperature to be 37 degrees Celsius which is the normal body temperature of an adult. A lot of body heat will only result in more problems. Hence, we've got you a few body heat problems you might face and some information on how to cure them.
- Heat rash: This is a very common problem based on body heat. It is also called as prickly heat where the body cools itself by sweating and the skin condition happens when sweat doesn't get to the surface of the skin because of clogging of swear ducts. Hence, sweat gets trapped inside the skin's surface which causes inflammation or rash. Excessive sweating or tight clothing could be a reason for heat rash. You might notice red bumps on the skin, this is the body heat illness that resolves only when the body cools down completely.
- Heat stroke: This issue is cause because of drastic increase in body temperature which could also be due to dehydration. Heat stroke is a form of hypothermia which occurs when the body loses the ability to control the temperature. The situation can get worse if it isn't treated immediately.
- Heat exhaustion or stress: It is natural for our body to cool itself by sweating in summers. For this, the body needs enough fresh air for the sweat to evaporate. Heat exhaustion is where the body isn't able to cool itself down. This could be due to dehydration, dry skin or being in hot environment for long hours. It isn't a serious illness but it can lead to other severe heat-related issues.
- Water: Always keep water with you and sip on it as and when you can to avoid any of the body heat issues.
- Coconut water: If you can't carry water, find coconut water near you and have it. The electrolytes in coconut water will quickly revitalize and rehydrate your body.
- Cold foot bath: You can soak your feet in a bucket full of cold water with ice cubes in it for 20 minutes. This will cool your body down and make you feel better again.
- Buttermilk: Drinking buttermilk will increase the metabolism rate and also cool down your body. The vitamins and proteins in the drink will restore your body's natural energy and make you feel refreshed.