Everyone loves a perfectly toned body but usually have a tough time getting one. This obviously requires you to stay active and workout while also maintaining a diet. But if you’re someone who isn’t a big fan of workouts but also wish to lose weight, dance is your solution. Yes, you read that right. Dancing can burn so many calories as it's high in energy. You just need to dance for an hour and you can actually burn around 240 calories. Dancing can also make your body very flexible and improves your lungs as well as heart condition.
So, if you're planning on cutting down weight in a fun way, you can include these dance forms in your daily routine:
- Freestyle: In this dance form, you can move your body freely without any restrictions. This is the easiest dance form of all and can be performed by anyone. Apart from making you lose weight, freestyle can also make your body very flexible and improves blood circulation. Just 30 minutes everyday is what you need to burn 180 calories.
- Salsa: This one is a serious workout for your core as it includes an hour of salsa dance routine. This Latin American dance form involves swaying, bends, swirls and footwork. This is quite a rigorous workout when you do it correctly. One hour of salsa everyday burns 500 calories for you, depending on your weight.
- Zumba: People usually prefer zumba dance workouts when they wish to burn fats. This dance form is a complete cardio workout that helps you burn calories and also tones your body. Performing zumda for an hour burns up to 450 calories. Although, if you can't spend an hour doing this dance form, you can break it into 15 minutes sessions throughout the day.
- Hip hop: This one doesn't appear effective but it quite much serves its purpose. It works on your flexibility as well as sheds calories. A hip hop dance routine for 60 minutes is enough for the day. It helps you tone your core as well as thigh muscles and also shapes your body.
- Belly dance: This dance form helps in toning down the problematic areas like abs, back and hips. It involves slow yet extremely controlled isometric movements that increases your flexibility and also improves your blood circulation. This Arabic dance form helps in burning buttocks, abdominal and thigh fat. Just 30 minutes of this session can help you burn as much as 300 calories.