With the kind of weather that we've been having in our city, winter seems to be right around the corner. And with the cold weather, we're going to have fun pulling out our warm blankets, wear warm hoodies, eat great food items and so much more. But there's something more that this cold temperatures will bring and that's illness. This is exactly when we need to be extra careful of our food and drink habits. Now, we can't restrict ourselves to only stay indoors in order to not fall sick, but we sure can take control of a few things to take better care our ourselves during winter.
- Get enough sleep: This doesn't come as a surprise, but we all feel like staying in bed for a little while longer when it's all cold outside and we're snuggled up in our bed. But not all of us actually do that. People who have really extreme schedules end up sleeping really little and that's when they give sickness one major reason to kick in. Hence, make sure that you sleep better during winter so that your body restores and rebuilds all the energy that you'll need through the day. Lack of sleep will reduce your body's ability to fight infection. If you're well rested, you'll be able to protect yourself from illnesses even better.
- Wash your hands as many times as possible: Staying healthy during this cold weather also means you wash your hands frequently. It's a very simple tip to stay healthy but it's also one of the most effective way to kill germs that are usually passed out of you.
- Include vitamin C in your diet: Make sure your immune system is strong enough to fight illnesses and one way to do that is by including vitamins in your diet. Foods like broccoli, oranges and orange juice. You can even take supplements for vitamins. Vitamin C keeps your skin healthy and gives it a good glow.
- Don't miss workouts: Just because it's winter and you wish to stay in bed a little longer doesn't mean you miss out on exercises. Working out will help you boost your immune system functioning, decrease stress, keep you fit and even work on your weight.
- Keep the surroundings around you clean at all times: In order to stay healthy, it's very important to keep your surroundings clean. Bacteria and viruses stick around on surfaces and so cleaning is extremely necessary. Hence, practicing disinfection will help you reduce any sort of risk of infection transmission.