For anyone who has acne issues, it's a task to get rid of those. And especially if they have really sensitive skin to deal with, acne problems only take a toll on their skin. And even if you're someone who's braved acne and got rid of them, acne scars are a nightmare. To do away those dark spots, it takes religious self care.
Some people try a lot of different products or stick to the ones prescribed by the doctors to do away those acne scars. But what if you're left with those scars even then? There have been really little ways with which you can get rid of acne scars, pigmentation and skin issues. But you must know that it's a gradual process.
Here's how you treat those acne scars:
- Sunscreen: This one is quite a no-brainer but a long-term sun protection process that definitely goes a long way. Sunscreen literally takes care of dark spots, UV damage and ageing. So, make sure you apply sunscreen every single day before you step out.
- Retinol: This is a gold standard of all things age reversing. Using retinol in the night time will help with your skin texture which also includes acne scars.
- Lightening agents: Kojic and arbutin, both are plant-based ingredients that lighten the dark sports over time. Using a topical cream can help in reducing the appearance of acne scars with time.
- Chemical exfoliation: Using a harsh scrub or granular scrub on your face is never recommended. But chemical exfoliation plays a good role when it comes to reducing acne scars. AHA and BHA acids are the ones that help in getting rid of dry skin cells and also pushes the new skin to top.
- Fractional laser therapy: This one doesn't just come handy for permanent hair removals but laser therapy is also useful for skin resurfacing and acne scars. Fractional lasers focus more on specific areas of the skin to minimize acne scars or signs of ageing which leaves the rest of your face untouched. These lasers go deep in the layers and lessens the damage that we usually cannot see. Each pulse causes a biochemical reaction which in turn helps in skin rejuvenating.