The COVID-19 outbreak has gotten us all locked in our hours to keep ourselves and others safe. Many of us have been practicing self-isolation since mid-March and we still have another two weeks to be this way, until further notice. While this time has worked out really well for some people, it hasn't been all that great for people who have anxiety issues. Our thoughts can constantly keep burdening our emotions with the continuous flow of news and information all over the Internet. This can work negatively and in turn make us feel anxious.
This is why, you need to follow some self-soothing routine so that you can get rid of feeling anxious while you self quarantine.
- Take 15 minutes to get out of bed: It's true that snoozing your alarm is only going to work bad for your health. But that doesn't mean you need to be up and ready as soon as you wake up. You need to take some time to let it all sink in once you open your eyes. Take it slow, take a few deep breaths while you're in bed, sit up slowly, stretch your neck, arms and back and only then get out of bed. This simply exercise will make sure you are more awake every time you actually wake up.
- Shower once you're up: This will only ensure you feel fresh as soon as you begin your day, it will make you smell fresh too. Once you get out of the shower, you can use some perfume or mild deo and a nice smelling moisturizer to feel amazing. You can look for some aromas like peppermint, lavender and cinnamon which can make you feel fresh every morning.
- Don't skip breakfast: It is regarded as the most important meal of the day and it is even more important to still to your meal times. Don't think your body doesn't need food as you're working from home which mean you've cut down on traveling and feeling hungry. Your body still needs to get its nutrition and that can come through breakfast.
- Plan your day well: A lot of us have the tendency to let the day flow as it comes. This is where it can go wrong. If you plan your day well, your mind will stay active as you will have one after the other things to do for the entire day. Make sure you also include some rest in between. Planning your day will give you a sense of schedule and you won't feel all that overwhelmed.
- Meditate for 3-5 minutes before you start with your work: This helps soothe your mind down to a great extent. Don't rush into things one after the other. Give your mind and body some time to rest and heal.
- Make sure you're caring enough for your skin: This time is also where you can indulge yourself in all kinds of skincare. You can walk around, wash your hands, apply some aromatic hand cream, apply lip balm and even put on a mask. Pamper your skin, it needs it.