One of the fruits that belong in the superfood category is kiwi. This fruit is loaded with many nutrients like vitamin C, fibre, vitamin E and K, potassium, copper, protein and antioxidants. Kiwi has several health benefits too. This sweet and tangy fruit is available all around the world and is grown in different locations too. You can either consume kiwi fruit as it is or add them to your salads or smoothies. There are a few health benefits of kiwi which we would like you to know of.
- It is good for digestion: Since kiwi has dietary fibre, it regulates the hut health. You should eat one kiwi post a big meal as it helps in breaking down tough proteins from fish and meat which usually causes bloating.
- It fights inflammation: An enzyme called bromelain that is found in kiwis helps in breaking down proteins and heals inflammation as well. Lowered inflammation could mean little chances of heart diseases, stroke or arthritis. High amounts of vitamin C that this fruit has helps in reducing inflammation in your body.
- It regulates blood pressure: Kiwi has the ability to reduce high blood pressure and also to prevent related diseases like stroke and heart attack. The antioxidant and vitamin C in this fruit contributes to a reduction in blood pressure.
- It helps with weight loss: Since kiwi has high levels of water, it is low in calories and has low GI, all of which helps in getting rid of those extra kilos. Drink kiwi smoothies or shakes if you like for breakfast and you will keep feeling full for long hours.
- It reduces blood clotting: Kiwi can prevent blood clotting. Just 2-3 kiwis a day can replaces the daily need of aspirin which helps in blood thinning and it improves heart health over a period of time.
Other benefits of kiwi are:
- Promotes sleep
- Boosts health of the heart
- Gives you better skin
- Reduces damage by DNA
- Helps asthma patients