Like a lot of other foods, nuts hold a very important role in our health. They are very rich in calcium, magnesium and have high levels of omega 3 fatty acids too. Likewise, almonds are equally high in their nutritional value and help in maintaining dental and bone health. And since they are so beneficial for our health, we're going to give you a list of food items that you can make with the use of almonds.
- Almond milk: Easiest thing to prepare that helps in managing weight ans keeping your bones healthy. The home-made variant other than the processed milk doesn't really need refrigeration and is absolutely free from chemicals and preservatives.
- Almond shake: Mix some almonds with milk, sugar, ice and yogurt and blend it into a nice mixture. This almond shake is very healthy and helps in strengthening your bones and provides you with a lot of vitamins.
- Almonds in breakfast: Chop some almonds and put it on top of your daily breakfast. It could be cornflakes or home-baked granola. Almonds increase the nutritional value of your breakfast.
- Almonds in smoothies: Since almonds are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, they're the best to be mixed with a smoothie. Blend it along with your smoothie ingredients and you're going to have a healthy smoothie!
- Almond face scrub: Make a mixture of honey and lemon or oatmeal and add a pulp of almond to it and apply it on your sin. The almonds will enhance your skin and give you a natural glow.
- Almonds with assorted dry fruits: When you feel like munching on some dry fruits, you can mix some almonds along with cashew, pistachio and currant only to increase the nutritional value.
- Almonds in desserts: Using freshly ground almonds in brownie or cake flour is one of the healthiest ways to bake some yummy desserts.
There are so many more variants that can be made with almonds that can amp up your food items and make them healthier than usual.