There are times when we can barely feel any energy in our body through the day. And then it becomes tough for us to get through it all. This makes us consume wrong foods like sugar foods or belly fattening drinks and even a cup of coffee. But, there is a list of food items that can consume to make your body get instant energy that lasts through the day and you won't feel a need to eat something sweet or gulp down another cup of tea or coffee.
Here's a list of energy foods that you can eat on days when you feel drained of energy:
- Cottage cheese: Yes, you read that right. Cottage cheese is considered to be an energy food item. Satiating effects of cottage cheese are as similar as that of eggs. And so, you can you can give your body the required protein that it needs while feeling exhausted.
- Greek yogurt: Plain Greek yogurt has got almost 18 grams of protein which is enough to give you the required energy. You can add chopped almonds on top of it to make it more nutritional. Snack on it in the afternoon and you're going to be packed with energy for the rest of the day.
- Almonds: Almonds are one of the healthiest nuts to munch on whenever you're low on energy. They also strengthen your bones and provide your body with added fiber, protein and healthy fats.
- Roasted chickpeas: Keep those chips and pretzels away, instead munch on some chickpeas. They provide you with 15 grams of protein that helps your body feel the energy. You can also add them to your salad for the extra crunch.
- Dark chocolate: This is one of the most fabourite food to munch on for some instant energy. Dark chocolates gives you extra boost to your energy which gets you through the day without feeling lazy drowsy. You can bite on some dark chocolate pieces along with your evening tea or randomly in the afternoon.
There are so many more options to mention here, but these ones are the basic food items that can give you maximum energy.