Taking 30 minutes of your time every day to perform specific workouts can help you reduce high blood pressure, which has become a silent killer.
When small arteries, known as arterioles,in the heart narrow down it causes high blood pressure or hypertension. Sedentary lifestyle, alcohol and smoking are also contributing factors. The condition can also cause serious health conditions like stroke, blood clots, artery damage, kidney failure and heart failure.
While a healthy diet is important if you suffer from high blood pressure, physical activity can also help you manage and control the condition.
Here are some quick and simple workout routines you can do day or night to help reduce high blood pressure:
1. Walk: If you are just starting to incorporate fitness in your routine, begin by taking a brisk walk. It can help raise your heart rate. Try walking up stair, slopes or hills.
2. Weight training: Weight training exercises can be challenging and strenuous. However, it can help manage your blood pressure, strengthen your muscles and help you lose weight.
3. Cycling: Cycling is a fun way to get your body moving and improve cardiovascular health. It can help reduce heart disease, as well as high blood pressure. This activity will also give your metabolism boost.
4. Aerobics: This workout helps to reduce blood pressure, bad cholesterol and heart disease. Dedicating time to this routine can also reduce belly fat. You can do this activity in the comfort of your home or outdoors. It requires no equipment. Have some fun while doing it and put some music on.
5. Yoga: Practicing asanas is relaxing and calming and will help reduce your high blood pressure. It will also help reduce your risk of developing serious chronic diseases. Managing stress is important to manage blood pressure.