Women very well understand the real struggle of maintaining good and healthy nails. We shape them, colour them, make them look really attractive with all the possible manicure treatments that we could get. But one nail chips off and it's a total turn off. We only have all our attention in that one chipped nail and now it's just going to break our heart each time we see that nail and simply wait for our next manicure run. Good nails are not just pleasing to the eyes but also adds to some glam of our outfits. And so, maintaining them for the longest time is the only thing we'd all want to do. This is why, we're here to give you some tips on how to help your nails stay in tact and let you flaunt them a little while longer:
- Two coats of base: Since your nail tips are more prone to chipping, it's always mandatory to apply two coats of base coat on the tips. An extra later of base coat will only add the extra polish resilience to them.
- Rolling the polish between your hands: Before you even begin to apply your nail paint, roll the bottle between your hands. This will take away all the air bubbles in the polish and give you a smooth stroke along your nail. If your nail polish will have air bubbles, it'll chip off faster. Hence, roll it off!
- Cotton balls and vinegar: You can use cotton balls and vinegar to wipe down your nails before you apply the base coat. This helps in removing the extra products if any on the nails. Not just that, it also helps with the natural oils on your nails which can create a barrier between the polish.
- Dry nails with cool air: If you're in a hurry, you'd choose to dry your freshly polished nails with a dryer. Now, using a blow dryer isn't wrong, just use it on the fan setting. Other than that, you can dip your nails in ice cold water for a couple of minutes. This too can dry your nails quite well. Other than that, simply let them dry on it's own.
-Avoid hand sanitizers and use a mild soap instead: Sanitizer can dry out your nail and ruins the top coat. Hence, using a mild soap to wash your hands is advisable as it allows your polish to last longer.
- Use nail oil: Using nail oil on a daily basis can prevent your nails from drying out. The less moisture your nails will have the less likely they are to chip off.
These are a few easy ways in which you can very much make your manicure nails stay in tact a little while longest.