If there's one food that you can enjoy all year long, it has to be raspberries. Fresh or frozen, these are always delicious and versatile. They are very nutritional and healthy for one's body. So let's look at a few health benefits of raspberries and know why exactly are these the best to snack on.
- They're very rich in nutrients: A single cup of raspberries can give you almost 50% of your daily vitamin C which benefits your immune system, skin health and also produces collagen. They contain vitamin K and manganese that helps your bone health. They also supply a little of vitamin B, E, copper, iron, potassium and magnesium.
- Raspberries are low in sugar: These are one of the lowest-sugar fruits which gives you an option to satisfy your sugar rush and which will also minimise your sugar intake.
- They're very rich in anti-ageing antioxidants: They're the powerhouse of antioxidants. They lower the rates of heart diseases, cancer, diabetes and obesity. The antioxidants present in raspberries also help in reducing inflammation which triggers premature ageing.
- Raspberries prevent cancer: The raspberries have antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that are associated with cancer protection. They help in reducing reproduction of cancer cells.
- They're high in fiber: One cup of raspberries contain 8 grams of dietary fibers. This high-fiber content reduces raspberries' net carb content to up to 7 grams per cup. It helps in feeling full and also slows down the digestion as well as supports the good digestive health.
- Raspberries sharpen your memory and brain: They help counter oxidative stress that is ideally an imbalance between the production of cell-damaging free radicals the your body's ability to battle the harmful effects. The flavonoids in berries help improve coordination, memory and mood as well. The berries clear out the toxic proteins in the brain.
So ladies and gentlemen, munch on some raspberries and you're going to be healthier than ever!