Most of you might know that tea tree oil works wonders for your skin, nails and hair. But have you ever thought of other useful things about this essential oil? You can really put tea tree to use on an everyday basis.
Here's are some lesser-known everyday uses of tea tree oil:
- Use it as a hand sanitizer: Have you been looking for a natural hand sanitizer lately? Tea tree oil should be your answer. This essential oil can kill many common bacteria and viruses that make you fall sick. You can make a moisturizing, all-natural hand sanitizer out of this oil and use it on an everyday basis.
- Use it as a natural deodorant: Since this oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties, it can reduce the odour under your armpits. This oil has the ability to destroy the skin odour causing microbes. If you don't wish to use a commercial deodorant, you can very much put this oil to use.
- Use it as an all-purpose cleaner: Tea tree oil can very much be used as an all-purpose cleaner and it can also sanitize surfaces all too well. If you've been worrying about the chemical traces which can come in contact with anybody from your family or pet by using a commercial cleaner, you can opt for this natural cleaner instead.
- Use it as an insect repellent: All of us must have gotten tired of insects roaming around the house at some or the other time. You can make use of tea tree oil to get rid of them. TTO acts as a very powerful insect repellent.
- Use it to remove molds from vegetables and fruits: Your vegetables and fruits are susceptible to gray mold growth, especially during the hot months of the year. Tea tree oil can help you reduce the growth of these molds. You only have to add 5-10 drops of this essential oil to water before you rinse the veggies and fruits and then keep them to dry.