Sugar buster diet is basically a carbohydrate-restricted diet plan where you need to cut down on flour and sugar intake. Sugary foods usually promote resistance in insulin levels where your body cells can no longer respond to insulin. Hence, reducing the consumption of refined sugar will actually help you with cutting down weight. This diet also cures inflammation and in turn improves energy levels while keeping the insulin levels on track. Sugar buster diet consists of unsaturated fats, dairy products, fruits, vegetables, meat and poultry in the diet plan.
Usually, cutting down on calories can help you shed weight. But with sugar buster diet, you need to intake around 1200 calories every single day which comes up to 800 lesser calories than usual. You can't have refined items like cake, cookies, crackers, bread, doughnuts, bagels, muffins, pretzels, etc in this diet. There are some restrictions on food consumption while you maintain the sugar buster diet. It also has some advantages and disadvantages which you need to know before you even begin with this diet plan.
Here's what you must educate yourself with about sugar buster diet:
What to eat in this diet:
- Low-fat dairy products like unsweetened cheese, butter, yoghurt.
- Foods that are have low glycemic index like brown rice, oatmeal, millets, while grains, etc.
- Lean meat, whole eggs, seafood.
What you need to avoid:
- Potatoes and bananas.
- Artificially sweetened soft drinks, jelly, jam, soft drinks, juices and salad dressings.
Pros of sugar buster diet:
- It's low in saturated fat.
- It's high in fibre.
- It's easy to follow for its food options.
Cons of sugar buster diet:
- The science behind this diet is questionable.
- It is quite debatable because of the food options.
- It may get difficult to maintain this diet as it prevents the consumption of staples like potatoes and rice.