Let’s face it, working out can be a gruelling chore most of us wish we didn’t have to do to stay fit. From squats to lunges, fitness can be boring if you are not a big fan of it. If you are looking to get your body into shape in a fun way, Figure 8 Fitness may just be the new home workout you need to try.
This workout is created by Latin ballroom dancing professional Laana Kunitz. To do this routine, you need a spacious area and Youtube. She named the workout Figure 8 because the movement in the practice makes the shape of the number when you move your hips. While there is a lot of dancing involved, your abdominal muscles are the real focus of this workout.
“Use your obliques to pump your hip corner and take it back,” Laana can be heard saying in one of her YouTube videos. Still wondering if this is for you?
Here are some of the advantages and benefits of Fitness 8:
* You can do this workout on your own time. This way you don’t have to get up too early to squeeze in a workout before you start your day.
* This workout is especially ideal for mothers with young children or those who travel a lot. All you have to do is turn on Youtube to access one of these videos and start dancing.
* Even if you are not a dancer, you will be able to pick up these steps in no time.
* The workout does not require weights or equipment that may be too ticky to handle.
* By sticking to this workout you will be able to achieve strong stomach muscles in no time. It will also help to tone your figure.
* If you are looking to lose weight, Figure 8 will help you to burn calories faster, as well as get your heart pumping.