A photo posted on Instagram, showed Katrina Kaif wearing a stylish dress that was definitely red hot. But what was striking about the whole outfit was the statement-making choker, the Bollywood star chose to match with her dress. This accessory was all that was needed to give the dress an upgrade. Check out her outfit here.
Chokers made a huge comeback in 2016 and the trend has not gone out of style yet. Dainty layers and a minimal approach is the modern way to wear this accessory these days. This item is also super adjustable and can make any look more chic and stylish.
There are also different types of chokers that you can experiment with to match your personal style. Here are a few ways you to rock this cool piece of jewellery.
1. Boho choker: If bohemian and hippie-inspired fashion is your thing, then try chokers that feature flowers or elements to help you achieve that free-spirited look. Opt for chokers with pendants like tassels and feathers. Wear it with a floral skirt or flowy dress.
2. Black choker: A classic black choker on an ordinary day will upgrade even the most basic outfit. All you need is a black band and simply style away. You could also match this item with sneakers and skinny jeans. Wearing a black choker will allow you to incorporate other jewellery pieces to go with your outfit.
3. Wrap choker: This style is delicate and dainty. You can wear it with practically any outfit, day or night. You could tie it in a bow or let the strands just hand.
4. Lace choker: A choker that is all about lace is oh so feminine and adds a touch of romantic whimsy. It's perfect for date night. You can pair them with jeans or dresses. Match this item with soft hues. However, if you want to mix your style, wear it with a leather jacket, high heels and a dark shade of lipstick.
5.Metallic choker: If you are a bit of a rebel, this is the choker for you. It's bold, edgy and fashionable. Experiment with it and try it on a different outfit to find the right look for you.
6. Sparkling choker: Got a big event coming up? Show up in style with a fabulous choker that is all about the bling. It's the perfect match to an elegant dress no matter what the neckline. You can add a bit of shimmering makeup to go with your striking piece of jewellery too.