The one thing we always try to avoid doing even in our free time is declutter our wardrobe. Every time we set it up right, we tell ourselves that we're not going to let it mess up but we fail each time. And then we're back to square one where we just keep dumping things in wardrobe in an unorganized way. But now that everyone's locked down in their houses, this seems like the perfect time to declutter that closet and kill time that way.
So if you're confused with how to do the decluttering bit, we've got you some tips:
- First and foremost, play some music. Once you have good music on, you won't get bored to organize your wardrobe. You can put your favourite playlist on and make sure that the songs are fast and upbeat so that it pumps up your energy while you're cleaning your closet.
- Then, make sure you vacant your entire closet. Yes, we mean each item from in there and then start from scratch. You need to make sure all your clothes, shoes, bags, accessories from your drawers and boxes, all of it is out.
- Once you have everything out, you then categorize on where you want to put the things and how. You can also switch places in your wardrobe so that you get to feel a change in your own closet.
- Decluttering your wardrobe also means you decide on what goes in and what needs to be thrown in the trash. Since there will always be a lot of times in your closet that you don't use any more, there's no point to keep storing any of it again and again. Just get rid of those items and fill your closet with what you need.
- Make sure your closet is neat and clean. If it needs dusting, do that. If it needs new hangers, bring some new ones. Make sure you declutter your wardrobe and bring in all good things in there again.