Let's get this straight. Choosing to lose weight and work on your getting a healthier body through natural ways and sheer dedication and hard work towards hitting the gym is by all means the best way possible. But once you deviate and choose the chemical life of turning to artificial ways of losing weight, that's when you're doing everything wrong.
One such artificial way of shedding all that weight is fat burners. And if you think they do you any good, then we're about to burst your bubble they don't. Fat burners are sure readily available and they flaunt about them being super helpful to lose weight without making any changes to your diet and lifestyle. But you should know that weight lose doesn't work that way. Healthy dieting and exercising leads to the kind of weight lose you'd want to see on yourself. Not to forget, the side effects that these fat burners give you give some real issues to your body.
Also called as thermogenics, fat burners are nutrition supplements that increases your metabolism and reduces the fat absorption and helps your body burn fat. They decreases your appetite as they manipulate the body's chemicals and hormones to make the brain feel as if you're full. There's another type of fat burner that binds to the fat in the food that you eat which in turn prevents its absorption by your body.
Now, let's talk about the side effects of fat burners:
- Anxiety: Fat burners give you more levels of cortisol which is a stress hormone. And so, if you already have anxiety issues, using fat burners as a means to lose fats is a bad option. Also, fat burners like ephedrine has all the more serious effects on your health if taken in high doses.
- Insomnia: This is one of the common side effects that fat burners end up giving you, which is losing sleep. Ephedrine pills and caffeine increases the heart rate and metabolism which ultimately disturbs sleep patterns. And since you get improper sleep, your immune system gets affected in a negative way and makes you prone to infections and diseases easily.
- Dehydration: Another side effect that fat burners tend to give you is serious dehydration. High amount of caffeine in tablets pull out the water from your body. And if you're someone who consumes less water throughout the day, it affects you all the more and gives you issues like digestive, kidney and skin problems. Not just that, it also causes headaches and there are chances you might also collapse during a workout.
- Stomach issues: Fat burners give you constipation and diarrhoea as it affects your metabolism. They reduce the vitamin content in your body and exposes you to many stomach problems. For some, their stools might start getting oily or they even end up suffering from flatulence.
- Behavioral changes: You might experience irritability, mood swings, anger and nervousness. If you depends on these pills a lot more, it might lead to confusion and cause self-harm in a few individuals. Fat burners in general can affect the quality of your life and also the way you interact with people around you.