Have your eyes been twitching uncontrollably? Do they feel strained for long periods? Do you have burning sensations in your eyes? Well, these are all signs that you're overworking your eyes and that they need a well-deserved break. These days almost everyone is glued to a screen whether it's for their work or for some leisure time. And now that the lockdown has been enforced on us, many have taken this time to binge-watch all the shows they've been missing out on. But this could make your eyesight weak. That is why you must do all you can to make sure that your eyesight stays in good condition and one way to do that is to incorporate certain foods in your diet. These foods can help improve your eyesight.
What's special about these foods is that they're rich in micronutrients like zinc, copper, vitamin C, vitamin E and beta carotene as well as omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants which can all play a huge roll in improving your eyesight. So, take a look at all the foods you should incorporate into your diet to help improve your eyesight.
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, lettuce, cabbage etc are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin and Vitamin C which can all work wonders in improving eye health. So, make sure to incorporate these into your diet regularly.
- Eggs are packed with protein and that really is no secret. They're also rich in lutein and zeaxanthin which can help reduce age-related eyesight weakness. Eggs also contain zinc which is one of the most important minerals required by the body.
- Nuts like walnuts, almonds, cashews, peanuts etc are loaded with omega 3 fatty acids and Vitamin E which are both miracle workers when it comes to improving eyesight. So, make sure to eat a handful of nuts everyday as snacks.
- Carrots are rich in Vitamin A and beta-carotene which are both great for your eyesight. So, add some carrots to your diet while you're at it.
- Seeds like sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flaxseeds etc are rich in fibre, proteins and fatty acids which are not only great for eyesight but can also work wonders in improving heart health and helping you maintain your weight.
Well, now that you know what's good for your eyes, start incorporating these foods into your diet ASAP. Stay tuned for more updates.