Did you know that 68 percent of people in India are protein deficient, while 71 percent have poor muscle health? "According to our latest survey with IPSOS, a leading global market and opinion research firm, around 68 percent of people have lower protein content in their body than adequate and 71 percent of the people have poor muscle health," InBody Clinical Executive Dr. Ankita Ghag said in a statement. Referring to an Indian Market Research Bureau (IMRB) study in 2017, nutritionist Kavita Devgan said 84 percent of Indian vegetarian and 65 percent of non-vegetarian diets are protein deficient.
"We believe there is a need to build awareness about the importance of muscle health amongst Indians and find appropriate solutions," Ghag said. Scroll on lower for tips to improve your muscle health:
1. Ensure your protein intake is before your starch intake every time you have a meal.
2. Include more dairy in your diet to increase protein intake. Dairy products are good sources of protein.
3. The intake of nuts and seeds are also important for muscle health.
4. If you are a vegetarian, include soy in your diet.
5. Lean meat like chicken breast, fish and shrimp are also good sources of protein for improving your muscle health.
6. Lastly, an exercise regime is essential for muscle health.
We hope these tips help...