Women's Health Week is observed between May 12 and May 18 annually.This week is about helping women put the focus back on them. It is a reminder to take some time to check in on your health in order to live your best life.
It's easy to forget to eat right, make that doctor's appointment and practice a little self-care when your to-do list is never-ending. However, having a bit of "me time" is exactly what will help you get to your tasks and daily routine efficiently and with a great boost of energy.
If you agree it's time to get healthy, but don't know where to start, here's a quick way to get you started on your health journey.
Here's a step-by-step guide to help you get to a healthier you in one week.
1.Monday: Begin the week by getting your workout routine in order. Find what you like or what can help get you to get active and moving. Pick a workout challenge to get you started. Make sure you pick a time and dedicate it solely for your workout routine.
2. Tuesday: Ladies it's time to make that doctors appointment to get a proper health check. Take a few medical tests to check in on your body. You'll find out what you need to be eating more of or what you need to chuck out.
3. Wednesday: If you're all work and no play, then it's time to rejoin the world. Make time to catch up with friends and families. Engage in a social activity to get you out in the community. A little time with people can help boost your mood in numerous ways.
4. Thursday: It's time to assess your alcohol consumption. How much are you drinking every week? Finding this out is crucial to getting into shape and becoming a healthier you.
5. Friday: It's time to set some life goals. If you are feeling overwhelmed by it all, take the time to assess if you are on the right path.Maybe you need to make a change to improve the quality of your life.
6. Saturday: The best way to eat healthily is to plan your meal. Take this time to meal-prep. Make sure everything you are eating is satisfying, nutritious and healthy. Your body will thank you for it.
7. Sunday: Got a lot to do next week? Start planning. Get a pen and notepad out and make a list of what you need to do for the week. This will help you stay on top of things efficiently.