All of us have different skin types. While some of us have normal skin, some have real skin issues that they constantly have to deal with. Some women have oily skin which makes it difficult for them to moisturize it while the ones who have dry skin always have to keep wearing moisturizers.
Women with dry skin find it really difficult to wear makeup since all the products can make their face look cakey because of the texture of their skin. Dry skin type can be really irritating to manage but there are some ways in which you can unknowingly damage your skin even more.
We've got you a few things that women with dry skin must avoid at all costs:
- First things first, don't wash your face too many times in a day. Since you have dry skin, washing your face in the morning as well as evening with a gentle face wash is enough to maintain the natural oils in your skin. If you have your makeup on, use a makeup remover to wipe it off instead of washing your face.
- Don't use a moisturizer without damping your skin. There are a few moisturizers that act as moisture-blockers which basically makes that they prevent water from evaporating from the skin. Applying moisturizer to dry skin can temporarily soften the skin but applying it to wet skin will make it run a little longer.
- Don't exfoliate your skin too much or too many times in a week. Since you already have dry skin which has a texture, you might not want to exfoliate your skin one too many times in a week since it will damage your skin even more and create opportunities for allergens and irritants which can gain entry in your skin. People who have dry skin are advised to only exfoliate once or twice a week.
- Avoid using a lot of scented products: Scented products can irritate dry skin and result in skin infections and allergies. Hence, only opt for unscented or lightly scented products for your skin.
- Avoid using products that contain glycolic acid: Since dry skin can be an issue, it's better to choose a lactic acid cleanser instead of glycolic acid one since the latter is a strong exfoliant which can worsen your skin. The former one on the other hand are mild ones that hydrate your skin.