If there's one drink that's most consumed during these hot months of the year, it's got to be jaljeera. It's actually not just a summer drink that'll refresh you, but it's also got a lot of health benefits. You must have seen a lot of vendors selling this drink to beat the heat. It's actually quite an easy task to make some for yourself at home. All you need is - jeera, mint, coriander leaves, lots of masala, and boondi. Cumin is one of the key ingredients of this drink. From improving digestion to burning calories, cumin works really well for your health. When you mix the right ingredients, jaljeera becomes the most wholesome drink for your health.
Here are a few health benefits of this amazing summer drink:
- Improves digestion: Just one glass of jaljeera a day can improve digestion. It can fight gas and other stomach problems and makes digestion easy. Jaljeera activates the digestive juices in the stomach and also improves the digestion process.
- Helps you lose weight: This drink doesn't have calories and it makes for a perfect summer drink to lose weight. Cumin is a great ingredient for weight loss. Cumin seeds can help in reducing appetite and it also prevents you from consuming too many calories. Jaljeera can keep you feeling full for longer hours which in turn prevents you from binging on unhealthy foods.
- Keeps you hydrated: Hydration is very important, especially during summers. If you get bored drinking plain water, you can make some jaljeera. It keeps your body cool and also helps keep the heat away.
- Helps you deal with acidity: Many people face problems of acidity during summers. When you start to feel heavy in your stomach after a meal, you can simply drink some jaljeera. It will help in getting over the feeling of uneasiness which comes with acidity.
- Treats stomach cramps: You might experience nausea or cramps during summers. Jaljeera is a great drink that can treat both of these. It soothes down the stomach and prevents any kind of cramps.
Here's how you make jaljeera at home:
Add some cumin seeds, black salt, amchur powder, mint leaves, coriander leaves and water in a blender and blend it all to make a smooth paste. Add some lemon juice and mix it well. Take two glasses and add some ice to them. Pour jaljeera in the glasses, add some boondis on top and you have it ready.