Ayurveda has always been a therapy that many people trust in and has been practiced in India for years. This age-old process doesn't just provide you with relaxation and rejuvenation but also helps in boosting blood circulation and a lot more. One important thing to remember is that Ayurvedic massage doesn't just concentrate on the brain but also helps in holistic healing. Although, opting for an Ayurvedic massage regularly can get a tad bit expensive. But, you can do all of it at the comfort of your home.
Here's how you get an Ayurvedic massage at home:
Things that you need - Yoga mat, towel, Shirodhara pot, eye mask, oil.
How to choose the right oil - The type of oil that you use for the head massage matters a lot. There are many types of oils that you can opt for. Some of the most common oils to choose from are coconut, almond, jojoba, olive, sunflower and argon oil. Before you choose the oil or the lubricant, it's always better to find out the property of the main ingredient that you will use for the massage.
Here's what you need to do for the Ayurvedic massage:
- First of all, dim the lights and lay down on a yoga mat on the floor. You can play some relaxing music on medium volume.
- Place a clean towel on the top of the yoga mat for comfort.
- Shirodhara pot is an equipment that will help you to pour liquids or oils over the forehead. If you don't have one of those, you can hang any kind of simple pot.
- Warm the oil of your choice and then place it inside the pot. Close the hole in the bottom of the pot.
- Put on your eye mask. Cover your eyes using a clean cotton cloth.
- Now, open the hole of the pot and allow the oil to fall on the centre of the forehead. This is also called as the third eye. If the process is difficult for you to do it single-handedly, take help from the family.
- Gently massage the scalp in circular motions for about 8-10 minutes.
- Stay in the resting position for 15-20 minutes once the oiling of the scalp and hair is done.