There are so many types of teas popular all over the world. But there's one beverage that's also gained fair share of fame, which is the dirty chai. It's a mixed drink of latte and tea which is made with masala black tea, steamed milk and one shot of espresso. The strong flavoured beverage
is a favourite for many. Dirty Chai is milky and smooth and has a mild flavour of coffee and tea. It can be made stronger by double shots of espresso. Some of the common spices that can be added to this drink are black pepper, ginger, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon. There are some many many health benefits of this chai that you should know of.
It can also be made extra strong by adding double shots of espresso. And some of the common spices added to the drink are ginger, black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, etc.
Here's how you make Dirty Chai:
Brew 1 to 2 tsp of tea leaves in boiling water. You can add your favourite spices from the above-mentioned list. Then , add 1 to 2 shots of espresso and 1 to 2 tbsp of infused tea. Now, add some hot milk to this mixture according to your taste.
Health benefits of Dirty Chai:
- Black tea helps in regulating the blood pressure in our body and the potassium content in it relaxes the tension in blood vessels and arteries. It even works well for bad cholesterol.
- Black tea is loaded with antioxidant properties that helps in boosting our immune system to fight with disease causing bacteria and viruses.
- This chai is good for people with type-2 diabetes and black tea can help in regulating blood glucose levels. It can even prevent the sudden spike and drop in sugar levels.
- The espresso in this drink helps in enhancing memory and eliminates short term memory loss issues.
- The caffeine also helps to make you feel energetic and increases concentration.
- Espresso shots help in reducing sudden hunger pangs that are otherwise responsible for overweight and obesity.
- Moderate consumption of espresso can also reduce the risk of prostate cancer.