It's no news that people are constantly judged for their appearances by the society. And due to the rising trends and beauty standards that are being shown up on social media, every person has start to feel the need to put makeup and beautify themselves. Some people use a minimum of it while some get used to a full coverage makeup throughout the day. While makeup might make you look great, it does come with some side effects too. And you must know about these and save your skin and hair from any kind of damage.
- Acne: This one is a known issue for many who are very much used to wearing makeup. All those makeup products can clog the pores on your skin which leads to the formation of blackheads and acne. This usually happens due to poor quality makeup products and also because of not removing the makeup entirely before hitting the bed.
- Eye infection: Another common side effect of makeup is that it can cause eye infections. Too much of mascara or not cleaning your eyes properly can gather bacteria which leads to infections.
- Hair problems: Products like serums, hair dyes, hair gels and sprays contain harmful chemicals that can damage the hair quite a lot. If you keep using these products, it can lead to dandruff and other scalp issues which can eventually lead to hair loss.
- Premature ageing: Chemical-based makeup and skin products for a long period of time can tend to damage your skin permanently. This can start showing wrinkles and fine lines on the face. Makeup can be used to hide these flaws but the long term effect can't be ignored.
- Skin discolouration: Many skin and hair products like toners and moisturizers contain bleaching agents, prolonged use of which can lead to skin discolouration, redness, patchiness and freckles too.