The famous saying, 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away' is quite true. There are just so many things that apple can help us with when it comes to bettering our health. We're here to give you reasons why you should pick up an apple for your snack.
Apples can offer you 95 calories, 4g fibre and 25g carbs which makes them the powerhouse of nutrition. They also give you other micronutrients like manganese, potassium and copper. Apart from this, apples are also rich in vitamins A, E, B1, B2, B6 and K.
Here are more reasons why you should snack on an apple:
- Good for weight loss: Since apples carry high amount of fibre and water, they can make you feeling full for longer period of time with fewer calories. Also, if you eat a few slices of apples before meals, you'll in fact eat lesser and consume lesser calories too. Hence, having an apple can help you with weight loss.
- Boosts the health of your heart: Having apples can lead to lower risks of heart conditions as they are rich in fibre which gives them the ability to reduce your blood cholesterol levels too. They contain polyphenols that have antioxidant effects which can also result in lowering your blood pressure levels.
- Strengthens your bones; Eating apples can increase bone density as well. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds present in this fruit can very much help in promoting bone density and strength.
- Keeps your gums health: Apples are also quite effective in whitening your teeth. You can bite and chew apple slides that increases the production of saliva in your mouth which in turn reduces tooth decaying by lowering the bacteria levels.
- Lowers the risk of diabetes: Apples have the ability to decrease the risk of type 2 diabetes. The polyphenols in apples help prevent the tissue damage to beta cells in your pancreas. Beta cells produce insulin in your body and usually are damaged in people with type 2 diabetes.