If you've noticed your gums bleeding, you might be suffering from some kind of gum disease or other health issues. If it's occasional bleeding, it could be because of vigorous brushing or wearing fitting dentures in a wrong way. Although, you must visit a dentist if you experience this more often as it can be a sign of gingivitis or periodontitis or an other health problem. People who usually take blood-thinning medications might can also face this issue.
There are a few ways in which you can take care of your bleeding gums:
- Quit smoking.
- Rinse regularly and especially after ever meal.
- Practice good dental hygiene at all times.
- Condense your stress levels.
- Consume food items that are rich in vitamin C like carrots, sweet potatoes, oranges, etc.
- Eat foods that are rich in vitamin K like spinach and kale.
- Condense carb intake.
- Make use of salt water to rinse your mouth.
- Visit your dental expert regularly.
If your gums don't stop bleeding in 7 to 10 days, you for sure need a dental treatment to stop this and heal it instead. Apart from bleeding gums, there are other warning signs of dental health issues that you must take care of.
If you have any of these then you must immediately make an appointment with your dental expert and get it treated:
- Long-standing bad breath
- Receding gums
- Extreme pain when you chew or bite
- Broken or cracked tooth
- Inflation of face or cheeks
- Tooth sensitivity to extreme cold or hot temperatures or beverages
- Frequent drying of your mouth
- Jaw clicking
- Unbearable pain of tooth discomfort