It's the lockdown time and it's been a while since you've gotten a chance to visit a salon. It's alright. We understand. There's nothing that we can do about you not being able to go to your favourite salon and get some skin pampering sessions. But, this doesn't mean you can do it all at home. You've got all this time at home. Make use of it. You've also got some amazing kitchen ingredients that you can very much put to use to pamper your skin
all too well.
Here's a step-by-step guide for you on how to use all these DIYs and give your skin a salon-like treatment:
- First of all, you need to clean your face with water and pat it dry. You can use a milk-based cleanser by dabbing a cotton ball in some milk and applying it on your face and neck. Let it sit for 10 minutes before you wash it off.
- Don't use water to wash off the cleaner. Instead, use a scrub that's made of lemon as it helps you get rid of dead skin cells and toxins. For this, you need to mix 1 tsp of lemon juice wit some baking soda. Apply this paste on your face and give it a good 5-minute scrub.
- You can also apply some honey on your face after scrubbing it as honey will clean your skin and act as a bleaching agent. You need to wash your face with water once you're done with the honey on your face.
- Give your face steam time. Add hot water to a bowl and place your face on top of the steam that comes out of it. Use a towel to cover your face. This steam will work magically for your skin.
- Now, make a face pack out of a banana, a cucumber and a few neem leaves. You need to also add some honey and curd and mix all the ingredients well to make a good paste out of it. Apply this face pack on your face and neck and let it do its job for the next 20 minutes. Wash it off with normal water once you've given it enough time.
That's all you need to pamper your skin while you're at the comfort of your home.