You might know that every person has a different kind of skin type. Some have oily while some have dry. But did you know that there are some people who tend to have combination skin as well? In these cases, most of the time you will notice oil on the forehead, chin area or nose. While the other areas on the skin would be dry or normal. Although, it differs from person to person. So, if you wish to know whether you have a combination skin or no, simply place a tissue on your face and gently dab it all over. If the tissue has an oily area on the forehead, nose or chin then it's a result of combination skin.
And if you already know that you have a combination skin and find it difficult to maintain it, here's how you can do the same:
- Don't use a soap: Using a soap will only dry up your skin and cause irritation which can further aggravate your skin issues. Instead, use a gentle cleanser which will suit your skin type.
- Moisturize your skin: Using a moisturizer that nourishes you dry areas and mattifies the oily ones is very important. A gel-based moisturizer is the best bet for a combination skin type since it's not too creamy and not too watery too.
- Use a toner: Toner can help the combination skin type quite much by striking a good balance. It helps in removing the dirt and also helps in shrinking open pores.
- Apply a sunscreen lotion: Sunscreen is anyway a very essential skin care product. It acts as a shield for your skin when you step out and so you should be using one according to your skin type.
- Use a cleanser: Since you have oily areas on your face, you need to dry them out and so, a cleanser is the ideal product to use. A gentle cleanser will help in removing the makeup from your skin and will also let your skin breathe while you take a good night's sleep.
Exfoliate: This one is required to do away with all the dead skin and blackheads. Exfoliation will also stimulate blood circulation and polishes your skin. It helps in opening up the closed pores to let your skin breathe.
These simple ways to keep your combination skin healthy will come to use quite much.