Moringa oleifera, also known as the drumstick tree, has been used for its medicinal properties for thousands of years to treat a range of health issues. Moringa is a rich source of minerals and vitamins. It also contains loads of properties that are anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antidepressant.
Even though it is a popular ingredient in many Indian dishes, it can also be consumed as a beverage, which is a great way to obtain its healing properties. While many consume it to reduce weight and blood sugar levels, it has a lot more health benefits. Here are a few reasons you need to add moringa tea to your diet.
* May tackle bacterial diseases: Moringa contains properties that are antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial. That is why it effective in treating infections like Salmonella, Rhizopus, and E. coli. It is also one of the reasons it is beneficial to consume during the monsoon season.
* May help treat diabetes: This tea contains compounds that can help reduce glucose in the blood. It can also help improve haemoglobin levels.
* May help treat asthma: Moringa tea could to protect against bronchial constrictions, as well as reduce severe asthma attacks. Some studies have found it could even help improve lung function.
* May lower blood pressure levels: Moringa tea contains compounds known as isothiocyanate and niaziminin, which can prevent arteries from becoming blocked and as a result prevent high blood pressure levels.
* May aid weight loss: The most important thing you can do for your health is to maintain a healthy weight. Moringa tea could help you shed the extra pounds as it is low in calories and can help give your energy a boost.
To enjoy the benefits of moringa tea, all you need to do is boil moringa powder in water. You could even try it with fresh moringa leaves.
Consult with your doctor before making any changes to your diet, especially if you are taking medication.