Mango is one tropical fruit that is delicious and packed with nutrition. Summer is here and mangoes are plenty. Here are a few reasons why you need to consume loads of this fruit while you can.
One study also found mangoes may help reduce obesity rates."These findings demonstrated mango supplementation in high-fat feeding modulated some of the adverse effects that accompanies high fat diet-induced obesity," study author Babajide Ojo, of Oklahoma State University, told a news portal. Adding, "These results suggest a diet abundant in mango might be helpful in the prevention of obesity and obesity-related diseases."
The fruit is low in calories and a rich source of fibre, vitamins A, C, E, zinc, calcium, iron and B6. They also have a high amount of antioxidants our bodies require to protect us from free radical damage. All this nutrition in one fruit can do a world of good for our health.
Here are a few incredible health benefits of mangoes:
1. Aids digestion: Mangoes help to improve digestion because they contain enzymes that work to breakdown protein and fibre. This helps the digestive tract to function properly. Dietary fibre also helps to protect against type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
2. Gives the immune system a boost: You can get close to two-thirds of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C from a normal sized mango. This helps to give your immune system a boost and protect you against developing the flu.
3. Promotes healthy gut: The flesh of a mango is packed with prebiotic dietary fibre, which acts as a fertilizer for good bacteria in the gut. Maintaining a healthy gut is crucial to prevent health issues like skin conditions like IBS and slow metabolism.
4. Improves eye health: Mangoes contain high amounts of beta-carotene, which is part of the process that helps to improve your vision.
5. Lowers cholesterol: Consuming mangoes on a regular basis can help to manage cholesterol levels and prevent blood flow and plaques in the vessels.
6. Improves skin's complexion: If you want clear skin, consume the tropical fruit on a regular basis. This is because it is a rich source of vitamin C and A, which work to repair skin damage and maintain that glow. It also helps to get rid of dead skin cells and unclog pores.