Nobody likes getting fined for breaking the law unwillingly, we hope that’s the case with you. One must have witnessed people in India paying hefty charges for things like over speeding vehicles, smoking in public or even littering on the street. There exists a thin line between moral policing and law, and just to be on the safe side, one must know their rights and freedom. It is important to understand the law of the nation in order to differentiate between the rights and the wrongs so that the next time when you think you’re in trouble with the law you exercise your rights correctly. India being a free-country we understand it can be a little hard for you to understand the law correctly but don’t worry. Here’s a list of things that cannot get you fined when you are in India. Thank us later!
- 1.Public display of affection:
- Being mushy with your bae should not be a law-breaking problem as section 249 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), states that only an “obscene act and songs, to the annoyance of others” can cause a fine, imprisonment of up tot here months or both. However, there are no clear definition pf obscene acts nor it specifies whether hugging or kissing is included in this section.
- 2.Unmarried couple to book hotel rooms :
- No law in India can stop two consenting adults from booking a hotel room. You can legally book a hotel room providing a copy of your government-approved identity cards and the hotel can keep a copy for the record.
- 3. Live-in relationships:
- The concept of live-in relations is still considered taboo in India but the Indian law says something different. It might be treated as an alien concept but it is legal for two consenting adults to share a home together. So next time when you are on a hunt with your bae, don’t let the people moral lecture you.
- 4.Only one traffic fine per day:
In most of the Indian States, one cannot be fined two times or more in a day for the same offence. Once you break a traffic rule, be a responsible citizen and collect a copy of your fine receipt and show it to the other traffic cop if they try to make you pay for violating a rule on the same day.
Photo Credit: Google