It's always a good idea to take good care of yourself in general. And now that we're all spending our entire time at home, we can care for ourselves in a better way. This time, we're going to focus on pampering your feet and give yourself a good pedicure.
All you need is an at-home station - a towel, basin, 2-3 drops of essential oils of your choice, bath salt, foot file or pumice stone, body scrub, cuticle oil, foot cream or body butter, to separators, acetone or nail polish remover, cotton pads, base coal polish and top coat nail polish of your choice.
Most women might have a basic problem to deal with and we've got those answers covered:
How to get rid of dry heels?
- Consider a foot mask: It can do wonders to a flaky skin. To get rid of dry heels, you need to look for a foot mask that has moisturizing ingredients like cocoa butter, coconut oil, olive oil or shea butter. If you incorporate the foot mask into your pedicure, it's recommended to use it only after you remove your calluses and before you put on the nail paint.
How to cut and shape toenails?
- Cut the nails straight across and soften out the edges using your nail filer in order to avoid developing n=ingrown nails. Once you finish trimming your nails, apply some cuticle oil on and around the nails.
- Prep your nails for nail polish: Once you've cleaned and buffed the nails, soak a cotton pad with acetone or polish remover and wipe your nail plate to remove any last bit of cuticle oil. Now you need to put your toe separators.
- Put on a base coat: Very importantly, put on a base coat before you apply the nail paint so that it can ensure the longevity of your polish and also gives a good gloss and shine to your nails.
How to fix mixtakes?
- If you mistakenly applied nail paint on your skin, you can use a small paint brush to clean up the edges around your toes and get the extra polish off.
How to tend your cuticles?
- To make sure that your pedicure is done well, the last step is to apply cuticle oil or crease. This will help you with the health of your nails and extend the life of your nail paint too.