You might feel pain or all kinds of irritation whenever you have a sore throat. It hurts even more when you swallow or talk. Sore throat is quite common in winter and we need to care for it. This heath tips series is going to give you some easy tips on how to avoid sore throat during these cold months.
Now, the symptoms of sore throat can depend on the cause which can include headache, fever, redness, swollen tonsils, white patches or pus on your tonsils, skin rashes, abdominal pain, vomiting and joint or muscle pain.
Causes of sore throat:
A sore throat could be a result of a combination of ear and sinus infections, abscess near your tonsils (build-up of pus).
Smoking, pollution and allergies to pets, muscle strains, HIV infection, mouth breathing when you sleep and general anesthesia during surgery could also be a cause for sore throat.
Here's how you avoid or prevent sore throat:
One of the best ways to prevent sore throat is be avoiding the germs that causes the infection and also by practicing good hygiene.
You can even follow these tips to avoid spreading or catching germs that causes sore throats:
- Avoid touching your eyes or mouth.
- Clean your phones and remotes in the hotel rooms before you use them.
- Avoid any type of close contact with someone who is not keeping well.
- Cover your mouth when you're sneezing or coughing.
- Wash your hands at regular intervals, especially after using the toilet, before and after eating and even after coughing and sneezing.
- Make sure you aren't sharing glasses of drinks or utensils or even sharing food.
- Carry alcohol-based hand sanitizers in order to keep your hands clean at all times.