It is very important to maintain a healthy weight in order to stay fit and fine. One best way to do this is by shedding weight, for which you need to change your lifestyle. You need to start incorporating healthy habits so that you can achieve your goal on that weight scale. There are of course, a lot of ways through which you can lose weight
, one of which is gaining popularity is the warrior diet.
This diet basically requires you to eat little amount for a very long period and then eat as much as you wish to for 4 hours of the day. It has been said that is it an effective way to lose weight and that this method also helps to improve energy and mental health. However, it is quite criticized at the same time by some health experts for having such an extreme shift.
The rules of the warrior diet:
- The initial phase is where you're supposed to eat raw fruits, veggies, hard-boiled eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt and even drink coffee, tea, water and fruit juices. In the 4 hour window, you are allowed to have whole-grain foods, cheese, cooked veggies, salad dressed in oil and vinegar.
- In the second phase, you need to eat the same food in the 20 hour window, but you will have to include animal protein, cooed veggies and a few nuts in the 4 hour window.
- The third phase is where you can cycle between the periods of high carb and high protein intake in the 4 hour window while keeping the same food for the 20 hour window.
Once you finish these three phases, you can start from the beginning and then stick to this very pattern. You are also supposed to incorporate some strength exercises to see great weight loss results.
Things to keep in mind for this diet:
- Keep yourself hydrated at all times.
- Eat healthy and nutritious food during the 4 hour window.
- Don't indulge in strenuous exercises.
- Binge on some nuts if you feel loss of energy after fasting.
- Don't forget to keep stress away when you try to lose weight.